Women's Health & Information Program
The Women's Health and Information Program supports the physical, psychological and emotional well-being of women, while recognising the social, environmental, economic, physical and cultural factors which affect women's health.
We aim to be a resource for women around whatever issues concern them in their lives. Information is available on a variety of topics, which value women's wisdom and supports them in making their own informed health choices.
The Centre offers:
- A safe and friendly environment for Women
- A venue for Non-profit Independent Women's Groups
- Free lending library
- Free internet and computer access
- Justice of the Peace service
The Centre employs a Health Promotion Officer, who is able to provide the following:
- Information, referral and support
- Facilitation of special interest groups
- Wellness promotional activities
- Activism around women's health issues
- Liaison with Women's Health workers in different sectors
Our Women's Health & Information Program's goal is to provide a safe, supportive place where women can voice their concerns, share experiences, gain information, learn skills and build friendships with other women.